Guys, I need your opinion on something. It’s important. It’s about my hair.
I have a kitchen post coming soon, I promise. It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I’m still in the midst of finishing up my MBA and summer classes make it difficult to keep up with other life stuff. For the past couple of weeks I have been basically trying to not fail my class, because all I really want to do is paint walls and make crafty things while watching old episodes of The Office.
Anyway, since I’ve been SO, SO busy, I have neglected to get a haircut, for a long time. Seriously, this is what my hair looked like in January:
My stank face looked like this in January too.
And a few months later:
And now… well I don’t have a photo of that. It’s longer and still with bangs.
I’ve been trimming my own bangs with only moderately disastrous results. They were crooked for a few weeks.
So here’s the deal: one of my very greatest friends in the world is getting married 9/6. I literally cannot get in for a haircut until 9/9. I have a schedule conflict for every single open appointment, so I’m screwed. My hair is going to look sad for the event…. and for any photos that I might appear in. In order to not look all scraggly and homeless, I’ve been experimenting with a few different hairstyles. Note I am usually pretty terrible at doing my own hair, and these selfies I took are comically douchey. Bear with me here.
Look 1: Glamorous Curls
1) I own a curling iron
2) I’m pretty sure I can’t mess this up
1) Andrew told me the back of my hair looked like a rats nest (hopefully I will be able to fix that if I go with this look)
2) I had to use A LOT of product, so much that my hair didn’t actually feel like hair anymore
Look 2: The Rooster
1) this is pretty easy to do
1) it involves a lot of hair teasing
Look 3: Twisted
1) I kind of feel like a 40s housewife
1) Andrew said it looked mullet-y in the back…
So friends, what’s the winner? Tell me what do I doooooo?