Well, it’s been quite awhile since my last post…things have changed and also are the same. Isn’t it weird how that happens? Spring is DEFINITELY my favorite time of year. It seems like everything is so full of potential and hope…buds on the trees, daffodils and tulips popping up, AND it stays light past 6 PM- WOOT!
Another good thing: we got a free night of HBO two Sundays ago, so we were able to kick off the new season of Game of Thrones, hence the second part of the title to this post. I think that actually, it was Andrew’s prediction for how much nudity would be in the first episode of the season. So, a couple of things that Dan and I have been watching lately and enjoying:
1. House of Cards: OMG you guys, this show is completely RUTHLESS. And season 2 episode 1 is totally shocking. I think I may have to watch it again because I am not 100% sure that it’s totally sunk in. I am not usually a big fan of politics in general, but this show makes it really entertaining.
2. Game of Thrones: Still good! I haven’t been so happy to watch someone die until last week’s episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Naked and Afraid: I hate camping. Like really hate it. A lot. This show is basically my worst nightmare. I am a total bitch when I am hungry and I can’t imagine what these people are going through as they are trying to navigate the extreme wilderness. Bug bites, starvation, dehydration, hypothermia…it’s pretty amazing that some of them actually make it through the 21 days to the extraction point (which is usually several miles away). No, thank you.
4. Beyond Scared Straight: This show takes at risk teens and puts them in a prison for a day. these kids think they’re tough, but you know they’re not and you get to watch the break down. I love it when they actually make a big change for the better because of the program. You really can be anything you want to be as long as you work hard and commit to it.
5. Chrisley Knows Best: I LOVE watching this show. A big, Southern Family with a lot of kids and a ton of money. The things that come out of Todd Chrisley’s mouth are so perfect (for example, “ignorance I can fix, stupid is forever.”). And the stuff he does- this guy puts tracking devices on his kid’s cars. If you just want to laugh, this is the perfect thing to watch.
So, I am sure by this time, you’re wondering why I mentioned a goose in the title of my post, because really, there is nothing about geese in here at all. Well, bringing it all home to Andrew, apparently he was a bit intimidated by a goose while trying to exit his car at work one day. I didn’t realize it, but geese can be pretty territorial. So, he believed that by trying to reason with the goose, it would be nice to him; “hey goose”, he said. Now I should say that while recounting this story he said hey goose in a monotone accompanied by a hand gesture like he’s sweeping something to the side, which for some reason was completely absurd to me. And really funny. First of all, geese don’t understand English, also what kind of gesture was this and what was it’s purpose? I laughed really hard. The next day, I texted him because for some reason I thought he had a picture of this episode, (which I totally made up, apparently there are no pics) but I thought it would look something like this:
But instead, Andrew sent me this:
Happy Easter, Everyone!