Before I get into my very wordy post, I must comment on the Judge’s previous post about crying. First of all, she never cries. Ever. It’s kind of strange, actually. Unless someone has died, or she is watching the movie Beaches very late at night, it’s not gonna happen. Beaches will get her every time.
After the unintentional blog hiatus that I have taken, I figured the second day of a new month in a brand spanking new year would be a good place to re-begin, since the new year is all about new beginnings anyway. You can’t begin anew without some reminiscing, or some resolutions to make the new year better. I am not really one for resolutions, since I am one of those people who HATES it when all the resolutioners show up at the gym the first few weeks of January and hog all the machines, however, I am going to take a stab at it…
1. I mentioned my dad’s penchant for doing some pretty hilarious things in this post. We had a new one. After dinner the other night, my dad was catching up on some emails and he asks my mom, “How do you spell our banker’s last name? I mean, I know it’s bank spelled backwards, but how do you spell it?” (his last name is Knab, just in case anyone reading is daft). Resolution #1: write more of these down!
2. We have some Aussie friends, who have taught me some fun slang (Lauren) and humor me when I try (horribly) to imitate their accent (Den). Anyway, I received a very exclusive eye-liner application lesson on new year’s eve from the gorgeous and talented Lauren, who has the most beautiful eye makeup on every time I see her. Resolution #2: Get a kohl pencil. Lauren promised me that my liner would look like hers if I did.
3. I don’t know if any of you ever feel this way, but sometimes I feel like I am in a never ending cycle of work and wishing it were the weekend. Like, some weeks, it feels like every day is the same as the day before. Resolution #3: Do something special every day, even if it’s silly. I am not sure how I am going to accomplish this, but something should be done!
4. Everyone wants to get healthy at the beginning of a new year. Everyone, like all those gym posers. BUT this want to get healthy isn’t about getting rid of my cankles, or about eating right (which I have to say I am pretty good at), or really even about me. I want a healthy husband, so that we can have a normal life. I would even say that I would forfeit resolution #3 if he would have some consistency. The most important thing that I have learned in 2013 is cliche, but true. You really have nothing if you don’t have your health. Nothing. So, resolution #4 = Healthy husband.
5. I as I was putting together a gift for my BFF for Christmas I realized that I absolutely do not take enough pictures. The picture of the Judge and me on the About page of this blog is from about 4 years ago. I figure that I better take some pics while I am still beautiful and relatively young. Resolution #5: take more pics and blog about them.
6. I made some really tasty stuff for my peeps this Christmas. Resolution #6: some cooking posts!
7. I am stopping at seven. Resolution #7: Get Ryan Seacrest to call me about that reality show!!
A few things I have learned in 2013:
1. Potatoes have a very high specific temperature. Thank you to Bill Childers for teaching me this, as it was the very last thing I learned on the very last day of the year 2013.
2. Waiting for Downton Abbey to begin is torture, and I can’t wait until Sunday! WOOT!
3. As bad as things seem, there is always something to laugh about.
4. I have the best friends and family (which I already knew, it was just re-confirmed). Double points to you if you’re reading this!
HAPPY 2014 EVERYONE!